1. These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in Competition Notices (as defined below) are the Competition Rules (“Rules”) and apply to competitions (“Competition”) featuring in any Newmarket Racecourses, Westfield House, The Links, Newmarket CB8 0TG publication, Internet site or appearing in marketing material unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. Rules specific to each Competition are displayed in a notice on the page for such Competition (“Competition Notice”) or in a notice in which the Competition appeared and are incorporated into the Rules. In the event of discrepancy between these terms and conditions and the Competition Notice, the Competition Notice shall prevail.
3. Newmarket Racecourses, Westfield House, The Links, Newmarket CB8 0TG reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside Newmarket Racecourses reasonable control. Any changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions or the Competition Notice. A copy of the Rules may also be obtained by contacting the relevant Promotions department of the publication in which the competition appeared.
4. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
5. By submitting your ‘bid’, you’re agreeing to pay the offer amount to hire a Private Hospitality box on Friday 3rd November 2017. If your offer is the highest bid it will be accepted and due for payment on Friday 20th October 2017. Payment must also include additional cost for catering, packages from £15 per person (afternoon tea)
6. To qualify to enter the Competition you must be resident in the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland and/or the Isle of Man. The address you provide with your competition entry (“Entry”) may be used to send any prizes so please make sure this is correct.
7. Employees of Newmarket Racecourses or any associated company of Newmarket Racecourses and their immediate families, persons connected with the competition/prize draw and their immediate families i.e. prize sponsors, newsagents, wholesalers & their agents are not eligible to enter the Competition.
8. Additional eligibility requirements may apply to a specific Competition, e.g. a valid passport, visas and/or driver’s licence will be required if the Competition prize includes travel outside the United Kingdom and/or car hire.
9. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. Newmarket Racecourses reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
10. Newmarket Racecourses assumes that by reading the publication or by using the website and entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are aged 18 or over.
11. Newmarket Racecourses reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
12. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, Newmarket Racecourses in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
13. All submissions must be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and titled “Bid4aBox”
14. Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
15. More than one bid is permitted, the highest bid will stand.
16. Bids made will include VAT
17. There is no purchase requirement to enter this Competition, if you are not the highest bidder by Thursday 19th October 2017, 5pm.
18. The winner will receive a Private Hospitality box for up to 20 guests on 3rd November 2017. Competition prize does not include catering packages, these must be purchased at an additional cost and paid for in advance.
19. Prize winners will be notified by phone on Friday 20th October and may be announced on Facebook and Twitter after the winner has been contacted and notified.
20. Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
21. Prizes are non–transferable and there is no cash alternative. Newmarket Racecourses reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
22. Prizes are awarded at the discretion of Newmarket Racecourses and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
23. Where a prize may not be appropriate for a younger contestant, the minimum age for entry will be stated in the Competition Notice and must be observed. Newmarket Racecourses reserves the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
24. All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
Intellectual Property Rights & Use of Entries
25. Newmarket Racecourses does not, unless we agree this with you, claim any rights of ownership in your Entry. As such, you retain ownership and copyright, although Newmarket Racecourses will be able to use Entries as set out in the Rules, you will also have the right to use your Entry in any way you choose. Where any Entry is to be used in a different way (e.g. we are asking to own this) this will be made clear in the Competition Notice and you will then be able to choose whether to enter the Competition.
26. In consideration of Newmarket Racecourses agreeing to consider entrants to the Competition, each entrant hereby agrees that Newmarket Racecourses (and third parties authorised by Newmarket Racecourses) may make any and all Entries available in their publications and on their websites and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future. You now grant Newmarket Racecourses (and third parties authorised by Newmarket Racecourses) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence (for the full period of any rights in the Entry) to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-licence the Entry for such purposes.
27. Newmarket Racecourses does not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any Entry. Newmarket Racecourses may, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to Entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory etc. or for any other reason.
28. Your entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that your Entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, Newmarket Racecourses reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
29. Newmarket Racecourses cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Newmarket Racecourses is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude Newmarket Racecourses liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
30. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Newmarket Racecourses reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners in any publicity both in paper and online.
32. By providing Newmarket Racecourses with your personal data you consent to Newmarket Racecourses transferring your personal data to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the UK. If Newmarket Racecourses does make such a transfer it will, if appropriate, put a contract in place to ensure that your personal data is protected.
33. By entering this competition you are agreeing to receive future emails about the latest news and offers from Newmarket Racecourses. You will be opted in to receive marketing emails, please let us know if you would not like to receive the above marketing emails by including this in your initial email. Alternatively you will have the option to ‘opt out’ in all emails we send to you.
34. The Competition and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. Where the site and/or the Interactive Services are accessed from Scotland or Northern Ireland, this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Scotland or Northern Ireland respectively and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts or the courts of Northern Ireland respectively
35. Competition rules and regulations can be changed at any time by Newmarket Racecourses.
Follow us for the latest updates and offers