We would like to share with you a recipe from our summer menu that has proved to be a big hit with our customers.
The recipe is for a duo of goat’s cheese. A lovely light starter that can easily be prepared in advance for a dinner party and has the added bonus of being vegetarian as well to keep all your guests happy.
Please note that the following recipe will serve 5 people.
Goats Cheese Duo, Cheesecake, Pistachio & Honey, Sweet Fig, Balsamic
50g puff pastry
8g black sesame seeds
8g white sesame seeds
100g goat’s cheese
40g soft cream cheese
60g double cream
A pinch of smoked paprika
0.5g agar agar
Goat’s cheese and pistachio logs
130g goat’s cheese
5g spring onion
1g cracked black pepper
5g pistachio nuts
Balsamic baby onions
Balsamic vinegar glaze
1) Make the cheesecake base by cooking the puff pastry in a hot oven until golden brown. Allow to cool and then crush together with the melted butter and sesame seeds.
2) Line a small tray with baking parchment and then press down the mixture firmly into the bottom of the tray so it’s about half cm thick and nicely even and flat. Leave to set in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
3) To make the filling, beat together the goats cheese and cream cheese. Place the double cream into a saucepan with the smoked paprika and the agar agar. Bring to the boil gently before gradually whisking in the cheese mixture until well combined and smooth.
4) Allow the mixture to cool slightly before pouring over the cheesecake base. Leave to set in the fridge before removing from the tray and cutting into portions.
5) For the goat’s cheese logs, mix together the honey, pepper, goat’s cheese and chopped spring onions until well combined and then shape into neat logs.
6) Toast the pistachio nuts (it makes a big difference in flavour) and then crush them up before using them to coat the goat’s cheese logs.
7) We serve the dish by using a paint brush to “paint” the balsamic glaze across the centre of the plate. The cheesecake is placed to one side of the glaze with the log sitting to the other side. The dish is garnished with sweet baby onions, sliced figs and micro herbs.